You may have seen advertisements for title lock services, or even stories in the news about title theft recently. To protect Arapahoe County residents, the Clerk and Recorders Office offers Property Alert, a free service that will alert you if a new document has been recorded under your name. This is mostly for those who are mortgage-free.
To sign up:
- Go to www.arapahoegov.com/documentsearch
- Click on “Register” in the upper right corner to create an account.
- Enter your email address, then verify it in the email you receive from “@govos.com.”
- Once you are logged in on the Clerk and Recorder’s public search website, click on “Property Alert”
- Either click on “Enter a Name” to enter individual names, or click on “Search for a Document” to select multiple names from a recorded document. Individual names must be entered LAST NAME FIRST NAME. (It is recommended you create a profile for all variations of your name, as well as any other names associated with the property. For example: Smith John, Smith John J, Smith John Joe, etc.)
- If a document matching the name(s) you enter is recorded, you will be notified by email.
(Please note, if you have a common name you may receive alerts for documents regarding other individuals with the same name.)
You can use the document search website to view the document in question. You can also run a search on your name to see what has already been recorded under your name prior to setting up a profile. Please call 303.795.4520 or email email@example.com for further assistance.